no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:23 am

eastlmark wrote:enroute to Le mans for some mysterious launch this week.....

The rumoured A110S or GT4 depending on who you believe. Personally think a GT4 (or GTFour) monika would be unwise with a rumoured 6 Cylinder 400bhp or so 718 GT4 coming out at more or less the same time. A 300bhp "S" would have comfortably more performance than a 718S (possibly even a GTS too) which would "position" it more sensibly in the market.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 pm

sladey wrote:
Sfo wrote:
sladey wrote:
Found them:-

Fuchs

- 1 Rim 18’’ Fuchs Front = 9 Kg + 1 tyre Front 18’’ = 8,9 Kg
- 1 Rim 18’’ Fuchs Rear = 9,4 Kg + 1 tyre Rear 18’’ = 10,2 Kg
- Total car : 75 Kg

17’’ :
- 1 rim 17’’ fr = 8,2 Kg + 1 tyre fr 17’’ = 8,8 Kg
- 1 rim 17’’ rr = 9 Kg + 1 tyre rr 17’’ = 9,9 Kg
- Total car 17’’ : 71.8 Kg

the sums don’t add up. 17” overall is 3.2 kg lighter than Fuchs but from individual weights, the total weight saving is 1.4kg [(0.1x2)+(0.3x4)] only

the total weight per wheel and tyre for Fuchs must be greater than 8.9kg as the wheel alone is 9kg?

So for example
Fuchs front per corner will be 17.9
Fuchs rear per corner will be 19.6
Making Fuchs total (2x17.9)+(2x19.6)=75

17 inch front per corner will be 17kg
17 inch rear per corner will be 18.9
Making 17 inch total (2x17)+(2x18.9)=71.8

Ok?

As has been pointed out, 17" tyres are heavier than 18". The data you are using is bogus.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

The new Alpine topic

Postby sladey » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 pm

And as I said before, just passing on what I was told by Solihull alpine. Was trying to help by passing on information I’d been given.

You seem to have a level of certainty over tyre weights. If you know the weight of the tyres then by all means post them yourself.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Postby Griff500 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 am

sladey wrote:And as I said before, just passing on what I was told by Solihull alpine. Was trying to help by passing on information I’d been given.

You seem to have a level of certainty over tyre weights. If you know the weight of the tyres then by all means post them yourself.

I have a level of certainty around the laws of physics (more material = more mass). As the Alpine tyre weights are not yet available from a verifiable source, I posted weights of comparable Michelin tyres in the same sizes, from a verifiable source, which support the laws of physics.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 am

Well there we go. Ya canna change the laws of physics.
no avatar
User

Chacal55

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:11 am

Re:

Postby Chacal55 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 am

Beautiful car :Butt
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 pm

new car launch Le mans today 18.30.... 17.30 our time.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Alpinista_77

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 am

Postby Alpinista_77 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:18 am

I was about to place my order for the car in May but then I heard there is a "hotter" Version of the A110 coming … so yesterday was the day as you all might have seen.

Unfortunately after seeing all the specs of the "A110s" I am confused if it is a good upgrade or not.

Lap Times are not important for me, I do not intend to take my future Alpine to the track regularly. I am more about windy public roads.

Nevertheless I am wondering whether the "S" Version is more fun to drive because of the higher torque from 5000 to 6400 rpm and the new Suspension set up.

Any advice about what to do would be very appreciated.
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Postby timhum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:32 am

Its very difficult to make any comment on the suspension set up until it has been driven. I assume you have road tested the present car, how did you find the set-up? As for the extra torque in the 5k to 6.4k rev band I would ask how often when driving on the road are those revs being used, I would suggest not very frequently. On a track it may be a very different matter. I'm certainly looking forward to trying the new version in due course with more emphasis on the handling than the performance which I find more than adequate. I must add that I'm a grey haired grandad so may not be a typical driver :)

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
Jaguar E Type S1, 1965, 4.2l, fhc, Carmen Red.
Triumph TR3a 1960, Red, O/D, Heater!
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:52 am

timhum wrote:Its very difficult to make any comment on the suspension set up until it has been driven. I assume you have road tested the present car, how did you find the set-up? As for the extra torque in the 5k to 6.4k rev band I would ask how often when driving on the road are those revs being used, I would suggest not very frequently. On a track it may be a very different matter. I'm certainly looking forward to trying the new version in due course with more emphasis on the handling than the performance which I find more than adequate. I must add that I'm a grey haired grandad so may not be a typical driver :)

Tim

I do actually use those sort of revs on the road - third gear peaks at just over 80 so a quick overtake reasonably often takes me in that region. I'd agree you don't actually need to, but the engine is keen to go there so it's fun. Making the engine even more revvy would increase the temptation to exploit all the revs.
no avatar
User

Alpinista_77

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 am

Postby Alpinista_77 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:57 am

timhum wrote:Its very difficult to make any comment on the suspension set up until it has been driven. I assume you have road tested the present car, how did you find the set-up? As for the extra torque in the 5k to 6.4k rev band I would ask how often when driving on the road are those revs being used, I would suggest not very frequently. On a track it may be a very different matter. I'm certainly looking forward to trying the new version in due course with more emphasis on the handling than the performance which I find more than adequate. I must add that I'm a grey haired grandad so may not be a typical driver :)

Tim

First of all thank you very much for your Reply.

It's true, it's all speculation about the Suspension at this Point. But in my case the Mrs. is also involved in the buying decision and she is worried the stiffer set up Harms everyday Usability (i.e. the car is too uncomfortable to just drive around on Weekends).

I test drove the "pure" and I loved it. I am just asking myself if the "S" is even more fun to drive considering I still have the choice which model to go for.

I have to say though that one Thing that stood out to me was how "different" the Alpine felt to a Cayman for example. I am a bit worried that with the stiffer set up it will feel Closer to the existing range of Sports cars and lose some of its character ...
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Postby Griff500 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Alpinista_77 wrote:

Tim

First of all thank you very much for your Reply.

It's true, it's all speculation about the Suspension at this Point. But in my case the Mrs. is also involved in the buying decision and she is worried the stiffer set up Harms everyday Usability (i.e. the car is too uncomfortable to just drive around on Weekends).

I test drove the "pure" and I loved it. I am just asking myself if the "S" is even more fun to drive considering I still have the choice which model to go for.

I have to say though that one Thing that stood out to me was how "different" the Alpine felt to a Cayman for example. I am a bit worried that with the stiffer set up it will feel Closer to the existing range of Sports cars and lose some of its character ...

I have had my Pure for 3 months now, loved every minute, but on my local roads in rural Provence I would not want the suspension any stiffer, and in hindsight, I would probably have been better opting for 17" wheels. On smooth roads the car is a dream, but despite being used to cars with a firm setup, I find on backroads the Alpine transmits every minor wrinkle in the tarmac.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Alpinista_77 wrote:I was about to place my order for the car in May but then I heard there is a "hotter" Version of the A110 coming … so yesterday was the day as you all might have seen.

Unfortunately after seeing all the specs of the "A110s" I am confused if it is a good upgrade or not.

Lap Times are not important for me, I do not intend to take my future Alpine to the track regularly. I am more about windy public roads.

Nevertheless I am wondering whether the "S" Version is more fun to drive because of the higher torque from 5000 to 6400 rpm and the new Suspension set up.

Any advice about what to do would be very appreciated.

Sounds like deliveries of the S don't start till the end of the year so you should factor in the additional wait.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

Simon1397

Rank

Non Member

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Postby Simon1397 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:51 pm

I have too pondered over this potential upgrade to S spec from Pure; in the end, I'd convinced myself that I didn't need 18" wheels, bigger brakes and a sports exhaust when I ordered my version of the Pure. These considerations remain the same. I think - because I don't really know, as I'm right at the start of this journey - that the higher rev limit and greater speed of response (but not twist action) from the new mapping in the 'S' together with much stiffer suspension will make this a more effective track day tool. That isn't my primary purpose so my order will remain unchanged with the Pure.

It would also be a fib to suggest that the cost of upgrade was not an insignificant factor; anyway, roll on October.
1981 Renault 5 Turbo 1
2019 Alpine A110 Pure
no avatar
User

Sfo

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 02, 2019 11:51 am

Postby Sfo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:53 am

PreviousNext

• Advertisement