no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

A Le Mans at last...

Postby Nitrosean » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:43 am

Hi all, just thought I’d share a few pictures of my Le Mans. After a few years searching I decided I’d rather a Lhd car rather than a replica or another agonising wait for a Rhd to come up for sale! The car came from Holland and now going through the registration process so I can use it. It’s on really good order with no corrosion issues and been really well looked after, it’s a real gem. Thanks to Stephen for sorting out a new UK instrument panel and some other bits and pieces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: A Le Mans at last...

Postby Custard » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Are you sure you haven’t taken my one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

Jango

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:38 am

Rotherham

Postby Jango » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:44 pm

looks good
A610, Venturi 300, Lotus Carlton, R129 SL60 AMG , 996 Turbo, Range Rover Classic 1994, TR7 V8 Rally Car, TR7 sprint Race car for sale, BMW 850 CSI. BMW GS1200 bike, Where's has all my time gone.
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:49 pm

I do likes yours custard, great colour...
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Looks great Sean. Was that the low mileage and quite expensive car that was advertised a while back in mainland Europe?

Certainly looks good. Any shots of the interior? Is that two-tone leather or a trick of the light?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Darren,

Yes it was, I bought it from a dealer in Holland, they had recently reduced the price which made me go and have a look, 4 days later it was coming home!

It has the two tone interior and on 81000 km. I’ll be putting a new uk instrument panel in with 0 miles on the clock and keep the km clocks with the car so mileage will always be traceable.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:40 pm

Not many with two tone (black / grey seats?).

The only other Le Mans I can think of with that is the ex Patrick collection car. Can't remember where that car ended up - Steve will know, but it was amazingly clean and low mileage.

Was it originally that colour or was that a later change?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Yes I think pretty rare, the dash is grey to and amazingly Stephen had a nos glove box lid as mine had peeled along to edge. I think a lot of the extras on my car were options. The colour is original scarabee green which for a 30 year old colour looks amazing. I’m trying to find out how many of the 299 lhd cars were supplied this colour.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Interesting I thought it was the same colour as mine sports blue, I was tempted to spray mine green, because I saw one on Pinterest an old picture. But because I had never seen one I went for the blue.
When you think we are talking the 80/90s the blue is amazing it’s almost pearlescent in the sun, what’s the green like.
Normal Gta’s get attention but when the fat body is out and about it’s interesting, I took it out last night for a thrashing and just pulled up for Petrol and the next minute a bloke comes up and starts tacking pictures, mate what is it where did you get it.
I built mine so it’s not a precious as yours, with the bigger rubber ect the grip is amazing I am addicted to the visceral experience, so I do drive it for the rush you maybe a bit more conservative with it but believe me put some new grippy rubber on it and be amazed, the seats for me need a bit more lateral support, and the grip is better than the power, 250 or a bit more is what it could handle, it’s on the to do list. Have fun with it don’t park it in the garage and just take it to shows you should feel like this when you get out :D
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Well it’s definitely green as a base colour but in different lights you’d swear it’s blue or purple, it’s an amazing colour, must have some pearl in it.

I can’t wait to get it out on the road, I do love the visual appearance of it but do want to use it. It’s got 4 good Michelin pilot sports fitted all standard sizes so should handle well. I had a gta 15 years ago on yokos with the 255/45/15s on it and it handled so good.

Another 2-4 weeks before I get the registration from Dvla and hopefully some sunny days and I’ll have it out for a few good runs :up
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:10 am

darrenbiggs wrote:Not many with two tone (black / grey seats?).

The only other Le Mans I can think of with that is the ex Patrick collection car. Can't remember where that car ended up - Steve will know, but it was amazingly clean and low mileage.

Was it originally that colour or was that a later change?

Two tone seats normally LHD only, never in RHD cars unless they were retro fitted once they came to the uk, like John Sweets repainted blue one, that has them.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm

no avatar
User

Nitrosean