no avatar
User

dallarax19

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 am

Looking for help on an A310 head lamp cover removal

Postby dallarax19 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:10 am

Hey does anyone have a recommendation on how to remove the headlight cover on an A310? I cannot see how to cut through the urethane (or silicone?). I have not removed the headlamps from the back side but even if removed I can't see how I can get a wire or blade in the bond line. I would appreciate some thoughts.

Brian

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Looking for help on an A310 head lamp cover removal

Postby stephendell » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:46 am

Cut through the mastic or silicone from the front down to the rebate in the glass on all four sides. Pushing firmly on the glass you should be able to get a thin flexible blade fully under the glass near one corner or any other point where there are signs of separation. You should then be able to work your way round. You don’t need access from behind. It’s more difficult than a GTA as the rebate is on all four sides but it is possible working only from the front.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

dallarax19

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 am

Postby dallarax19 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:59 am

Got it. Thanks! I had cut around the perimeter and cleaned out the adhesive but it was not budging, I will give it a go and angle the blade under the polyester. Hopefully I will get there.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:07 am

To give you an idea of what you are dealing with you can see the glass here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9591
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement