no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Interior lights problem

Postby Trevor Skedge » Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 am

No interior light when I open the doors. The light works when switched on manually and if the door is ope the the door warning lights come on the dash so I assume the trigger for the doors are working. Any ideas? I assume there is an interior light delay module and this could be the issue? Where is it?

Trevor.
User

jonc

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am

Oxfordshire

Postby jonc » Fri May 04, 2012 4:58 pm

I have exactly this problem. Been like this since I got the car 15 years ago. It was only 6 years old then...

Does yours come on by itself on a long run (way after you've closed the door)? That's what mine does.

The relay for it is under / behind the fuses next to the flasher unit (to the left of the flasher unit). According the diagram I have it should be on the top row (4th row) 2nd from the left. From memory, I can't remember whether this top row is underneath or behind the fuse box.

Hope this helps - and let me know how you get on. I thought about looking into this when I was fixing my door lock timer relay (which just needed taking out and resetting). May just need taking out and 12V put across the 2nd and 4th pins.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Trevor.... if the remote control is working then the 12v to the Timer relay is OK.... if not check fuse. :wink:
The timer relay is, as johnc says, is behind the fuses, and is Relay 311 in Pic 1. (top large one). The complete circuit is in Pic 2 if that is any use to you, and the Timer Relay connections are in Pic 3.
When you find it, unplug it, and put a meter from pin 5, then pin 6 of the connector,(not the relay) with the other lead to earth then check to see if you have continuity when each door is opened or closed.
Having checked that and found OK, reattach connector and when door is opened and closed, pin 7 will have 12v on it when door is closed, and when door is opened, the 12v should disappear and the light comes on until the timer times out, approx 15 secs.
PS. just one point..... does the light come on when you unlock the doors with the remote control?
Let us know how you get on.

1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Postby Trevor Skedge » Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Good stuff guys, thanks. No mine doesn't or hasn't come on during a journey yet. I'll try and find time to look tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Trevor.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Fri May 04, 2012 9:46 pm

jonc wrote:........May just need taking out and 12V put across the 2nd and 4th pins.

Ummm.... not on this relay. You can`t get to the relay coil from the exposed pins. :wink:
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25

• Advertisement