User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:13 am

Andy, dont you run monster 6's with 335 disks? The external spot handbrake caliper probably adds the extra 150 grams to the rears only. This is a road car and such a small increase in unsprung weight will make about as much difference to the handling as a fart in a tornado.
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

Any more news on this project? Or has it all gone secret squirrel underground
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

News

Postby Miles » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

The news is, car will be out and about post my sunny holiday. See you all in August hopefully will be running by then.
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Sounds good Dave, I'm sure it will be great when it's up and running. Did you take the chance to fit a LSD whilst you were at it with the gearbox? Rather suspect you will need it, as you should easily push 350hp from this with the uprated turbos.

Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 am

Is it all std Bi-Saf lump with new headers etc ? Be good to see it done 8)
I will be in the market for some headers and downpipes for a 3l turbo sometime soon if John can do them .
Otherwise it's OJZ near me but he's always stacked out .....
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 am

Turbos are standard ceramic. Was expecting it to have been running by now. However ecu wiring and sensor issues. Verdict there all crap don't be fooled into a name as expected they all do the same thing badly. Stick with renix and standard flywheel where ever possible. 2 rolling road sessions yet to turn a wheel. The ecu has been sent back for diagnosis they have had it for over a week with no response. Hopefully get an answer soon. But would rather put the results up once I'm back from tour so wait out.
Dave
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:48 am

Should have stuck with Adapt and more the point Scoff :lol:

He's doing wonders with Adapt running cars ...Just have a nose over on RTOC and or his site .Had my Kitcar mate up to him as well for all sorts of applications .
:wink:
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

ASAP

Postby Miles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Lee, trust me I wanted to argued the point on numerous occasions.
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

That engine ....well ....it's actually one I bought for myself already done so no idea what it has really .It was a rebuilt and tweaked lump but no idea just what other than it always ran solid .
Long story short ...the one I built for Dave got cooked during early Adapt tuning mission before I got involved with Scoffski .

Just comp test and tune for maximum burn

8) :lol:

If you can't take a joke you shouldn't play type attitude .I'm sure Ced is well capable of taking the heads off and checking before throwing it in his .I'd do that and think I've already suggested he do so :?: Can't recall
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Update time.

The car was up and running a few weeks before Christmas and waiting for a mapping slot at Track and Road, one of the only rolling roads I would consider using.

To cut a long story short we were being plagued with a misfire which after lots of messing about turned out to be the hall effect crank sensor Dave had been advised/requested to use instead of the tried and tested, very reliable VR sensor.

I even bought a second sensor to try, both were from efi-parts/scoff along with his triggerwheel and in the end all the problems that were caused were down to a poorly advised sensor selection. What it comes down to is that the sensor is not suitable for reliable crankshaft trigger sensing.

Initially it was thought that the ECU, wiring loom or brackets were at fault. This was completely wrong and everything else was working correctly.

Along the way the Emerald ECU we are using got blamed for the issues which I took up with them. They took the hardware in for testing and kept us updated, the only delays being the snow held up post. The customer service was excellent, they are easily contactable and they didnt charge for the bench testing even though their product was not at fault.

Emerald software is well developed and the hardware is reliable, they arent using your vehicle to develop their product. Track and Road are very good at what they do. Having so many years experience developing and mapping with either DTA, Emerald, Omex or MBE it would be foolish to use another system.

So Im fitting a new VR crank sensor and back to the rolling road for a final session. The engine sounds very smooth for a PRV and hopefully should make adequate power whilst running moderate boost due to the ceramic turbos..

Would like to put up some photos of the car but think Dave wants to keep it under wraps so he can show it off when he's back.

Cheers,

John
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 am

Each to their own :wink:
The main point being always go to someone you trust .
I wouldn't say the Adapt is being developed though ....Maybe 5 years ago but no longer .
It is on a par and can do a lot more than those systems you listed .Trigger sensors yes ,I had a few issues initially but once you get a gap it's happy with it's fine ...also dependent on ECU used .

Why is it you Southerners are so shy and keep it all close to the chest.Open up and share Dave :roll:
no avatar
User

Jon K

Rank

Non Member

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Winchester

Postby Jon K » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am

clee wrote:
Why is it you Southerners are so shy and keep it all close to the chest.Open up and share Dave :roll:

Dave is away for six months working on his tan and camouflage skills. :D

I suspect he will have limited internet access and just wants to enjoy and join in the discussion when he gets back.
1989 GTA Turbo
1994 Land Rover Disco Pick-up
no avatar
User

Jon K

Rank

Non Member

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Winchester

Postby Jon K » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Here are some recent pictures of the Milesmobile.

And the one I guess most people want to see...

Hopefully should be ready pretty soon.
1989 GTA Turbo
1994 Land Rover Disco Pick-up
PreviousNext

• Advertisement