stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Bicester Sunday Scramble Postponed to 4th October

Postby stephendell » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Shame as Bicester Drive in Weekend was a great event.

NEC classic also cancelled
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:23 am

Could not make this one but managed to do one event for the first showing of the Ds just down the road from me a few weeks ago, l could not stay that long but it was fairly well attended but there was a strange feeling about it with all the restrictions etc.
Hopefully next year will be better but I don’t think anything like normal probably until this time next year, even if the vaccine works it will take along time to administer to everyone.
On the plus side it will mean everyone should have had tons of shed time and all the cars should all be finished and ready to enjoy to there max, maybe we should organise some drive out events around some different areas of country with some great driving roads with a social distant chat at the end or something, rather than going to events for a wile.
Maybe that will get some chat happening on this sight rather than just people who just read but post nothing.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:15 pm

That would work for me, ow we cannot take the Alps to the ULEZ area anyway, so the old haunts are out of bounds, the possible locations need to be outside the M25 ideally...but that's what you need for it to be a good drive as well as a good natter.
My Brother in law has been going to the Forest view cafe for a while for a sunday breakfast club and see Darren Biggs there , maybe that part of the world might suit a decent number of us?
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi Lee where is that as it’s coming up it’s on the Isle of Wight, that would be a good drive out just got back from there and all the roads have been resurfaced and are amazing. 9.30 ferry Portsmouth 4hrs on the island and home, that would give the cars a good time out and it would feel like a mini Macon. :D
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:42 am

Riverview cafe is here:-Station Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DW

Having checked, the Riverview Cafe don't seem to be holding events at the moment, so we would need to find a different suitable site for a meet up.

Would anyone else be up for a meetup, if we can find a location somewhere around the M25 south or east end/kent/surrey essex area?

Sunday morning breakfast maybe?
Thoughts?
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Postby Custard » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:41 pm

That sounds good Havant had a good full English in ages, I’ll pass on the on the fried bread and the black pudding but go for extra beans for the Air ride home.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Riverview Cafe classic car meet is always second Sunday of the month. I've been to the last two as there was a hiatus over covid and the lady who owns the cafe stopped the events for a while.

Next one should be on the 11th but I guess everything is a bit up in the air right now in case lockdown restarts. At the moment they're only serving drinks and bacon or sausage sandwiches as no inside seating. Anyway it's a good event.

Last one was packed actually so I was parked round the back next to the Stingray and some old fezza.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Ryka's is another well known option, just at the bottom of Box Hill so only 10 mins or so from the M25 Leatherhead junction.

Bit like the Ace but easier to get to assuming you're not already in Central London.

http://www.rykas.co.uk/index.html
I'm just here for the gasoline.
Previous

• Advertisement