Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:50 pm

Ive got the entry list for Barbon next weekend (I'm skipping Elvington as its as rough as a badgers asp apparently! :D ). Nothing too special on the list....couple of TVRs and a 911as well as some of the regulars....nothing that makes me think I definitely havent a chance of winning anyway :wink:
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:40 pm

I am out playing this weekend, got some tough competion this time so I will let you know how things go. :)
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:19 pm

Well...the good news first...beat both TVRs (Griffith 500s) and the 911 quite comprehensively, however got pipped by the ex-club champion in his girlfriends Nissan 200sx :roll:
Was in a battle all day with him and the leading TVR, ended up 1/10th of a second behind him...D'oh!!!!!!!!
Best event this year as there was real tension....if only I hadnt lifted round the 2nd left hand bend...Knockhill all over again, except I didnt make a mistake, just didnt quite give it everything.
The guy who beat me does drive in the Caterham race series on a semi-professional basis and has done Barbon more often than me so no great shame.....just fancied another trophy :?
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:23 pm

Came 2nd by the way...and thanks to Mav for the support!!!
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:43 pm

TVR's,Porkers,Nissans are ten a penny, so holding your own doesn't come in to it.It's good to see that the GTA has the measure of anything it comes up against .( + driver skill of course )
Top work fella :D
How much does 2 tenths of a second weigh :roll:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:33 pm

It was less than 2 tenths!!!! We sat trying to figure out how much it would be and guessed at a bonnets length (not a weight measurement obviously).....it was that close. I reckon I was quicker in a straight line, but he would have been much much better under brakeing, and from the reports of the people watching we both did well on the bends.....I just reckon I could have gone round the mid course left hander without lifting off given todays experience....but you live and learn!!! Thats the beauty of competition that things like track days will never acheive.....complete clarity of performance on a run and the desire to improve. Given another 2 runs I could have got below 30 seconds.....but the event doesnt allow for much practice.
The course record in class is held by an Evo at 28 secs,,,only 2 1/2 seconds away!!!!!! :D
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:53 pm

It looks like a 2nd place weekend for us? I also got 2nd on Saturday & Sunday. It was so hot (air 34 deg) that the track (65 deg) started to break up on the braking & cornering zones and the high tempertures played havoc the fueling systems on most cars so much that some didn't bother to run..
Will let you know the time differance when I have cooled down (still high 20's out side)
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:46 pm

Now Ive been first a few times I dont like 2nd!
There was a team of professional photographers working at Barbon and they have taken some really really good shots. Follow the link and select '18th June 2005' car 20........I may even fork out for a couple!
www.photoboxgallery.com/whatnonegatives
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:12 pm

I also don't like 2nd but it's better than 3rd. I am looking at the final points score to make sure I win the class title again.
Great pictures, and a whole section to. I like pictures 13 &14 as it shows the loneliness of the car and driver against the course.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:08 am

And another....photographers must like the car!! :D
http://www.imageacoustic.com/barbonjune2005.htm
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:22 pm

They must do :) :)
I've been looking on Web sites of the photographers that visited Gurston at the weekend and there were none of my car but loads of single seaters :(
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:52 pm

Forrestburn on Saturday....and its not looking good! Due to the strange class set up of the Scottish hillclimb championship which the event is part of (and being run by a Scottish club not my club) I am in a class with Caterhams, Westfields, a Dutton and a Ginetta!!! Hardly anyone from the Northern Speed championship is going......may have to skip it next year I think. Whats annoying is that this year I skipped Elvington which, looking at the results, I would have won :roll:
Still ,it will be a fun day out and I ought to notch up a good points tally in the championship table......praying for good weather!!!
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:20 pm

Good luck Peter :D
Those Kit cars can be beaten, as I have proven (or was it pure luck :lol: ) to my self a couple of years ago.
So show them what a proper car can do.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:10 pm

thanks....if its wet it could be close...I always do well in the wet and they wont be able to get their power down....if its dry I'm sure I wont come last but it wont be far off!!!!
User

Alpiniste

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Nr Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Alpiniste » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:55 am

Forrestburn's the kind of climb I'd skip if I was runnign somethign as big as a GTA :)

Hope to catch you there Peter, maybe get some more pics and vids for the site !!! When you arriving ??

PS: Weather's lookign like it'll be rain - it always does at Forrestburn !!!!
PreviousNext

• Advertisement