Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

1988 Gta Turbo Red Project Car

Postby stephendell » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:33 pm

8593E50D-C6D0-4D1E-A415-77BF3F0A4B1B.jpeg

521D5860-FE9D-40E9-A17E-9E9F82A18A69.jpeg

94AFCC5B-081B-444A-B778-E7747A8C61D9.jpeg

0CA7E2F7-B11F-49D0-89D4-93A65B848900.jpeg

I was considering breaking this car but on reflection it’s too good to do that and there are so few left it would be a shame to lose another.

1988 Gta turbo, later style bonnet and nosecone with recessed badge. Black velour interior with split folding rear seats.

Underbonnet trim including battery cover in remarkably good condition so car must have been cared for once.

Paint not too bad with some lacquer peeling on the roof. Maybe get it running first and then think about paint.

The car is almost complete and I have any parts that are missing or that you may need.

I have the two missing wheel centres and the wiper arms.

Heatshields have been removed from around turbo and plenum is loose. No sinister reason just that the parts were taken for another car. I have everything to put back and may get this done.

Door pillars are both very good, no rot, no dropping, no broken hinges and doors open and close fine.

Some corrosion in the usual places including where rear the subframe meets suspension turrets that will need attention.

Both headlamp glasses need replacement and the rear rights are missing.

Steering wheel is a little worn but I may have a better one from another car.

I’m not sure but i will jack it up to check but I think I removed either the rear pads and or calipers to get the car rolling. There are two new or nearly new handbrake cables with the car.

You can’t see in the photos but the windscreen has a hairline crack from a stone chip, it is starting to delaminate in the corners so you would want to replace this anyway. It is however water tight and could be left safely outdoors.

If you have any questions just give me a call or a text on 07956495773 or drop me a private message.

The workshop will be open after the Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble so an excuse for a day out if you want to come and take a look.

I’ll continue doing a few minor jobs.

£3995 ono
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement