macdwell

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:23 pm

wiltshire

GTA steering coupling part no. 60 01 008 460 no longer avail

Postby macdwell » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:37 pm

Greetings
The GTA steering coupling part no. 60 01 008 460 is no longer available from Renault. This is the shorter coupling fitted to later models. Simon-autos in Germany offers reconditioned units in exchange for the old part at ?75 + P&P ?12. Apparently they fit new bearings to the old units. Not bad given a new unit from Renault would have cost £114.15.

Has anyone made use of these reconditioned units already and can vouch for their quality or advise where some new units are still in stock perhaps?
regards Paul
no avatar
User

macdwell

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:23 pm

wiltshire

Steering coupling fitted

Postby macdwell » Mon May 24, 2004 10:11 pm

Simon-auto returned my steering coupling very efficiently, about 7 days from my door to Germany and back. You get a fresh coat of black paint which isn't critical but a nice touch. Lesson learnt is that although you may have marked all the bits to line them up when refiiting at the steering rack end, don't assume the 2 halves of the coupling will be reassembled the same way round. Hence I ended up with the steering wheel exactly 180deg out of line. Also manged to over-tighten coupling bolt onto steering rack and consequent bend the bolt, be careful. The steering coupling needed to be done but I'm afraid the free-play in the steering wheel is still there and it looks as if the rack may need replacing at a mere £382+VAT from Renault. The subject of my next posting I think.
Hope this helps
Paul

• Advertisement