no avatar
User

scottb

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 10, 2004 7:17 pm

GTA, LeMans or A610 wanted

Postby scottb » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:36 pm

Looking for a good everyday car in good cosmetic order with low miles preferred. No whites please, but everything else considered. Big bills not an issue for the right car but I am not looking for a long term resto regardless how cheap it is. Pref blue with leather but beggars cant be choosers.......... Will pay fair price (up to £12k for A610) for right car, but no stories please. E.mail me at scott@thegallowgate.fsnet.co.uk. if preferred.

Thanks for your help.
ScottB
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:00 pm

Hi, you'll probably end up paying more for a Le Mans than a 610. The best 610 available at the moment is red and in Wales but its a bit pricey. Send a private message or email to turbodog (Andrew Jones) and he will probably have the contact details. The vendor may be willing to negotiate by now if it is still for sale.

Unfortunately a lot of the 610's out there will require some paint resto. by now. For whatever reason the bodyshells were not as well made as the GTA and they suffer from a lot more sinkage and blistering, particulary in the doors and roofs.

Don't discount a regular turbo GTA altogether. Faster than a Le Mans and only a couple of tenths behind a 610. If you really want a late car there's a 1993 for sale at the moment for £7995. If you hate the looks you could always fit an A610 front or Le Mans kit later if you like!
no avatar
User

Lee G

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 15, 2004 9:11 pm

London

Postby Lee G » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:14 pm

stephendell wrote:Hi, you'll probably end up paying more for a Le Mans than a 610

You'll also need a lot more luck finding one for sale :( :(
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:07 am

User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:51 am

Its cheap enough.......£3000 drop, thats a lot to have knocked off they must be having real difficulty.....probably because they look like Nissan 200 s :lol:
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:55 pm

This is in exchange and mart:
1993 (L) Renault A610 Alpine 3.0 Coupe 2d, Yellow, 67,000 miles, Excellent super car - low milage; owned for 7yrs. FRSH. Bodywork in top condition no cracks or damage. Totally original / un-modified. 6CD system. Full Alpine Spec + a/c etc.. CAT1 Alarm + Imob. Stored for year whilst overseas now need to sell; needs T&T to drive - interested in getting responses please call to discuss (Gloucestershire)): Paul, £13,495. Telephone 07786198747 Email pbabbs@krafteurope.com (Private)
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:03 pm

This should get you straight to the ad for the £10,995 A610

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/carltoncarsales/

Probably about the right money if the bodywork is OK and everything else is in order.

Be a bit pushy and you might get if for £10K!! :D

(I've now contacted the vendor Alex Clark & have added more details to the Cars For Sale Section of the main site. Check out his other interesting cars in Visitor's Cars)
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:08 am

I hate him!!!! He's got a R5 Turbo 1.........maybe I'll go and see the A610 and reverse it over him and steal the R5 :lol: :twisted:
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:43 pm

I went to see the Exmouth A610 today....
Didn't buy it tho.
Interior was surprisingly tatty, broken trim, broken hinges to the cubby, scratched leather, even shrinking leather on top of the dash near the vents. Bits of tissue stuffed into gaps on the dash to stop rattles I guess.
The yellow piping on the seats looks a bit funny too!
Original colour was yellow, but possibly a factory respray.
Bodywork crazing on both rear corners of the roof, and both ends of the spoiler at the ends where it wraps around.Never seen crazing here before on a GTA, wondered if it was in a rear end accident perhaps.
Also a small vertical crack below the off side rear window
Driver's door slightly dropped.

Otherwise gorgeous... but a bit expensive I think even at £11K.
no avatar
User

Lee G

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 15, 2004 9:11 pm

London

Postby Lee G » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:33 pm

I was on the brink of viewing that one myself.... but I don't think i'll bother now :cry:
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:05 pm

Strangely enough almost all A610's have sinkage at the rear of the roof near where the hinges are bonded in. Even some ultra low mileage cossetted cars have this problem.

The dash shrinkage problem is also common on A610's.

From what you've said it sounds about £8-9K ish which is ballpark for most A610's that have sold recently. (some for less)

For whatever reason GTA's seem to have better bodywork and age better than A610's generally!

Funny as you normally tend to think of the A610 as being screwed together better.

It would seen that price-wise the A610 is now being viewed effectively as a late GTA on a more linear scale, rather than commanding a premium as they did previously. I suppose this is in line with the theory of condition being more important than age after 10-15 years or so.

• Advertisement