Pjr

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Gloucestershire

Introductions

Postby Pjr » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to say hello. I’m thinking of buying a GTA Turbo and so I have registered here to read-up and benefit from your knowledge and experiences. My only contact with a GTA was that my boss had one 20 years ago, and I always found it intriguing. Obviously, if a buy an Alpine I will be joining the club properly, but in the meantime I just wanted to introduce myself rather than lurk in the shadows!
Kind regards,
Phil
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Re: Introductions

Postby miles thomas » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:17 am

Welcome :wave where abouts are you may help.
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
no avatar
User

Pjr

Rank

Non Member

Gloucestershire

Postby Pjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Good point! I’ve modified the profile now and I’m in Gloucestershire.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm

will see you at Prescot then in May!
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

nationofzeros

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Postby nationofzeros » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Phil, great to hear from another potential GTA devotee living in Glos. Sent you a 'msg'. All the best, Chris
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Come over to the workshop and say hello. You can have a poke at the cars and try a few for size. You can’t be more than about 40 miles away. An hour at most even on the B roads through stow-on-the-wold and chipping norton. Usually a nice drive on a good day.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Pjr

Rank

Non Member

Gloucestershire

Postby Pjr » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks for all the replies, messages and offers. It’s made me feel very welcome!
no avatar
User

Matt Silver

Rank

Non Member

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Ramsey- Cambridgeshire

Postby Matt Silver » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Every year I decide to sell mine only to keep it. It's that time of year again, let me know if you are interested. Silver V6 Turbo with recent service completed and will be MOT'd before sale. Price? Probably a lot cheaper than in two years time. To note, I'm totally in love with this car, but I do need to crack on with my Lotus, PM if you are interested. :up
Matthew.
no avatar
User

Pjr

Rank

Non Member

Gloucestershire

Postby Pjr » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:02 pm

Matthew,

Thanks for the offer. I’m considering a couple of projects at the moment rather than sorted cars, but you never know how these things play out. What’s the Lotus? I have an Elan Plus 2 project slowly taking shape which I should really focus on, but I think a GTA and Elan would make a dream garage.....

Phil
no avatar
User

Matt Silver

Rank

Non Member

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Ramsey- Cambridgeshire

Postby Matt Silver » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi Phil, the Lotus is a 1974 502 Elite which I inherited from my late uncle that passed away in 2016 - the car has been in the family since 1978 and was a major influence on a certain 4 year old at the time. Interestingly the car was registered 4wks after I was born and has a huge sentimental value for me. I can't really keep everything and every car has a certain slice of history - something that the Alpine has yet to achieve as it's a relative newcomer into the family (4 years now) - BUT the Alpine is one car that is hugely exotic and the one I wanted from my childhood, so parting with the GTA is going to be difficult....

Out of interest have you found a project yet? Restoration costs are not cheap, maybe a useable presentable example with a clean MOT would save money long term?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement