no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

New A110 traction control

Postby LMS » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:26 am

I drive my A110 everywhere in Sport - I don't see the point of Normal (but the dash display is better I agree) but I have not been brave enough to put it into track mode. Will I be thrown into a hedge if I do? I know TC is still on but is wound back a bit.

The reason I ask is that in all other other cars with TC that I've driven I've lit up the TC light on more than one occasion (generally accelerating on a damp road)- It used to happen so often on my Cooper S I turned it off.

My concern is that as I haven't seen a TC warning sign yet on the A110 I don't know :
a) If it has one ( I know it has TC but does it have a warning light)
b) If it has ever had to act on any of my drives?

At present I believe I am a driving god but if i was aware the TC had been called into action at all during a drive I might view things differently.....
Sorry if this is dealt with in the handbook and I've missed it.

Thanks all
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New A110 traction control

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 pm

For what it's worth (probably not a lot) in track mode ESC (as opposed to TC) is not turned fully off - you have to use the switch on the dash for that. How far it will let you get out of shape before it calls a halt I don't know. I have tried track mode but only a moderate speeds where the handling feels little if any different from Sport. I don't like the fact that the gearchanges are less smooth though, so I probably won't use it that much, if at all, particularly as I think the dash display is the worst of the 3. There is a warning light on the dash signalling TC or ESC in operation - but I haven't noticed it coming on.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Yep. According to the manual there’s a caution light to show when ESC/TC has kicked in. Reduced operation in Track mode. And turned off in any mode by holding down the button.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 pm

You bought an Alpine you should be driving it with out all that crap on, but I suspect as with all the modern stuff you can never really tern it off.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Custard wrote:You bought an Alpine you should be driving it with out all that crap on, but I suspect as with all the modern stuff you can never really tern it off.

When I was young I knew everything and was a driving god - as I grow older I know less and less and can hardly press the three pedals in the right order (and I seem to have lost one of them...) I need all the help I can get.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Many thanks all- i had meant ESC! Many thanks for the helpful replies.
When it dries up a bit I'll try it in track.
50mph headwinds yesterday and driving rain today but car felt planted on both occasions.
two different experiences- yesterday the passenger in an audi behind took a photo in traffic and clearly a fan
Today a knucklehead in a transit tried to drive through me in a 30. I was leaving him for dust on the twisty nsl but then found him right up my back in some of the 30s on the way. Foot off the gas to 15mph gave him the message and I was gone when it went back to NSL.

• Advertisement