no avatar
User

Jeffreybeattie

Rank

Non Member

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:30 pm

Alteration to fit custom front wheels

Postby Jeffreybeattie » Fri May 06, 2005 7:22 pm

I have put on the GTA 11 kit on my alpine, but the front wheels at the moment dont meet the edge of the arches at all so will have to buy 3 piece split rims to fill out the wheel to the arch. But as the wheels are extended out so much it will effect the steering as the tyre will rub againts the arche.

Could anyone outline the alterations that would be needed to be done to fit the tyres, could the steering rack or frame be altered to move the wheels forward to enable the wheels to turn or is the only solution to cut the arch where your feet would be when you are sitting in the car.

WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!!!!!
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Fri May 06, 2005 8:34 pm

Cut the inner arch. This is what I had to do to fit my 18's at the front. With your deep dish split rims, you need to also go for the lowest profile and with possible that you can fit on that rim. You may have to cut out a large groove in the fibreglass to clear the wheels, and then reglass it up with enough relief for the wheels to turn. Remember to cut enough taking into account the wheels moving up and down in the arch when driving.
no avatar
User

Jeffreybeattie

Rank

Non Member

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:30 pm

wheel alteration

Postby Jeffreybeattie » Fri May 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Thanks for the info,Thats what i was thinking but thought mayb there was a chance that i could get a few cm's by moving the wheels structure forward. either by taking a few washers out of the front of the frame holding the wheel hub and putting them to the back or replacing it with small washers.Or even modifying the frame in some way. But obviously cutting the inner arch would be the easiest was of doin the job.

• Advertisement