User

clivebawden

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:02 pm

Cheltenham

No tickover

Postby clivebawden » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:20 am

My previously well behaved 1988 atmo has suddenly stopped ticking over once warmed up. It stalls whenever I take my foot off the accelerator. It also seems to be running rough on small throttle openings. This fault started after I spent the weekend trying to sort some electrical gremlins with my lights. I was getting strange things happening like indicators and rear fog lights coming on when I braked, and all four indicators coming on at once when I indicated left or right. I started at the rear of the car and disconnected and cleaned all the connectors I could find following the wiring from the rear light clusters towards the front of the car. This appears to have cured my light problems but resulted in this tickover problem. Perhaps I've disturbed something connected to the carburetor?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Clive
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:12 am

check the small valve above the right hand side rocker cover. there should be 2 wires and 2/3 hoses on it, disconnect and block up the hoses and see if the problem is still there. i had to replace this valve because of a similar problem. :wink:
no avatar
User

Marnix

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Marnix » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:10 pm

Did you check the magnet valve for the idle jet (sticking out of the solex 34 left hand side)? It shuts the fuel flow for the idle jet down when there no voltage on it.

greetings

Marnix

• Advertisement