Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

anyone tried this stuff?

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:32 pm

Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:27 pm

sounds heavy!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:36 pm

Sounds like an excellent product, but £159???? You can get exhaust wrap for £20+ and that thick black tar type paint (for arches and soundproofing) for £5. I know that they wont do the job as well, but they will cost less than a 1/4 of the cost.
no avatar
User

renman3000

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Brisbane, Australia

Postby renman3000 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Haven't heard of this but, - Lizard Skin ??
How about 'snake oil' ? Just joking.

Interested that it's a water clean up ceramic coating. I'm wondering what film build it performs at optimally as they say application by brush roller spray (each resulting in a different outcome)? Usually coatings have a minimum film thickness neccessary to work, but also have a maximum application thickness above which they will become unstable. I'm assuming Lizard Skin cures hard not gooey because they say it can be 'sanded and coated to a concourse finish'.

Given that specific performance results are quoted for sound deadening and temperature insulation, you would want to find out spreading rates and the resultant film thickness to determine how much of this product you would use to obtain the advertised results. I would think the pack size of 2 gallons would certainly suffice for one car though. You also need to be appraised of coating procedures (some coatings are much more difficult than others to apply).

Maybe this is revolutionary, though some specifics should be thrown into the sales pitch to convince us. They have left much unsaid in this ad and I would think they haven't convinced many panel shops to use this product on this basis.

Ask questions and good luck.

Graeme
a feast is more than enough
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:09 pm

I used to use this kind of thing in car audio, its been around for about 8 years, but it has always been expensive. It used to come in a spray form, and yet it can be sanded and painted. Problem is you need to use loads to get any sort of thickness, and thats where it gets costly.

• Advertisement