Rz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Stockholm, Sweden

Need advices

Postby Rz » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Hi All

I need some advices on what to do with my A610, what I have done so far is suspension, Wheels, Engine around 380+ hp.

one part of me says : lower the car, ad some more speed, front and rear spoiler, new colour, and new leather with a new colour inside, better breaks and a full roll cage, and new headlights.

other part of me says : better breaks, keep the look as close as I can to the original look, only new paint in black but I would like the same black as BMW M3 Sportevo from 1990 (very very black, called jetblack), new leather with a new colour inside.

what do you all think when it comes to value on my car? if I go for my first option will it be more like put the cash in a trashbin? I mean if I ever sell it, or will it put up the value compaired to other A610?
my guess is if it looks original it will be more value compaired to a plastic race car dream???

anyway my car will be better then new when I am done with it ;)

btw here´s some pics of my car :
http://www.mycars.se/cars/album02?page=1

/Thomas
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Hi Thomas

I see you got your car done at last. Did you take it to Axel Ress in the end?

Throw as much money at it until your happy!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:57 pm

Blimey! 380bhp? What have you done to it to get that much? Think you need better brakes!
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm

Might be optimistic maybe? Axel Ress own race GTA has the 3.0 engine, 8:1 compression, 610 ECU, T4 turbo, single exit exhaust, big spoiler mounted intercooler and hits 320bhp...
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:09 am

Hi David and all

Mr Ress have a lot of cars and the car you are thinking of is he´s V6turbo (made for hill racing? dont know the word in english) I am still thinking of buying that car as a extra car and take parts from it, he have another car (A610) with 450 hp, and onother A610 with 380 hp, and belive me this is not a 320 hp kit, I tried a car from one of Mr ress customer before I did my car (same tuning), and that guy had done all test you can do when it comes to performance at nurnbergring,hp test, 0-100 (4,4), top speed (GPS 296km/h)etc, and since this is not my fastest car I ever owned I do belive I got around 370-390 hp, but it would be nice to have around 500 or so, will see what I will do about the engine but before I do anything more a benchmark test would be in order so I know what I do and where I go. and if I go for more hp I need a roll cage (David you are selling one right? is the price including assemble etc) and better breaks.

And when it comes to Mr Ress and staff I must say I never ever seen faster or better car engineers.

and it was a nice experience to sit next to Mr Ress when he tried my car on small German roads in full speed (still shaking 8 month later hehe)

will it be any meeting for Alpine and A610 in spring 05 somewhere in UK?
it would be nice to see some A610 cars and to show my wife some part of UK........and ofcourse a chance for me to see some more parts and get some ideas on what to do with my car.

but my cuestion was value on my 2 choices ;)
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:28 am

Hi Thomas

I do not belive you will ever get your money back on a tuned car when you sell it, as most purchasers of A610s are after a 'standard' vehicle.

But if you do not believe you are ever going to sell it, than you may as well invest and make it the best car you can.

I wouldnt bother changing the colour to a different shade of black, unless the car needs a respray anyway, but from the pictures, the bodywork looks very good condition.
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:45 am

good morning David

the car need some new paint since the first and only former owner, was a Renault dealer who got bankrupt and the car was left outside in the sun for a long time.

I guess you are right when it comes to value, the only chance to get some cash back is to find the right buyer.

what about car meeting for A610 in your country david?
no avatar
User

paybody

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 06, 2004 11:45 am

Postby paybody » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:32 pm

IMHO, keep it standard. Paintwork looks great as it is, I just wish mine was that good!
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:39 pm

Rz, that is a fantastic looking car, you have good taste so i would just keep improving the way you are going. :wink:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:27 pm

Its a very nice example.........dont go mad and overdo it!
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:13 am

thxs all for the nice words about my car :D

will see what I will do......I´ll keep you all updated since it is time to do something before the spring/summer is here.

still no answers about UK A610 meetings? it would be nice to know if there is any bigger event for alpine cars.

/Thomas
User

Alpiniste

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Nr Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Alpiniste » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:49 pm

I had raised the idea of a Scottish tour this year to combine with the Mount Stuart Motorsport weekend at Johnny Dumfries home. Sadly I have been todl that event will not go ahead this year :( So I won't be tryign to put together the French weekend after all.

I AM very interseted to hear all the things you have done to the A610. If it is too lengthy to list here perhaps you can share off-line through messenger or e-mails ?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Trips

Postby stephendell » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:08 pm

I'm hoping to organise a few meets/trips this year.

Ideas include:

Brands Hatch Track Day & Alpine Meet

Germany including Nurburgring

Tour of Ireland to see all the Irish boys and visit a few circuits.

Will keep you updated via the site.
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:34 pm

more advices please :wink:

I have now decide on what to do with my engine, outside cosmetics, some interiour stuff but I still dont know what to do with my seats:

http://www.mycars.se/cars/album02/interior3
http://www.mycars.se/cars/album02/interior2

one thought is :
new leather/colour on back and front seats (keep the original seats) and some other parts. advices on colour

another thought is : 2 new front seats and some music stuff in the back = no backseat what so ever. advices on brand, colour and style.

/Thomas
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:25 am

You should check out Davids seat conversion...very smart and sporty looking. Ditch the rear seats...theyre virtually useless anyway (unless you have small children!)
Next

• Advertisement