User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Retrocars

Postby peterg » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:48 pm

The magazine in case you didnt know.....this months edition (apart from them having printed 2....yes 2! of my letters 8) ) has the most awful R21 in it......you have to get the magazine to see the car! The owner has tried to make it look like a Nissan Skyline by modifying the front (as well as the rest of the car!).....presumably someone somewhre thinks its cool! Theres also quite a mad Fuego in it thats been fitted with R21 turbo running gear for drag racing.....its bright!!!! :D
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:50 pm

I should say in defence of the R21....it does sound like it has an interesting engine.....2 turbos.....but then theres the paint job :lol:
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:40 pm

The best bit is you admitting to a soft spot for mg Metros (that's you and rupert!). I've got a softish spot for them as well...... It's on hackney marshes :lol:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:10 pm

I actually added that bit so I didnt sound so much of a botch!!!! Slagging the hell out of someone else's pride and joy doesnt tend to get you printed.......they were and are a bit of a shit car! Could handle a GTI 16v but then it wasnt a mongrel like the MG turbo! I do however like the Maestro turbo as I said...mad machine.
no avatar
User

craig21t

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:41 pm

Re: Retrocars

Postby craig21t » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:49 pm

peterg wrote:The magazine in case you didnt know.....this months edition (apart from them having printed 2....yes 2! of my letters 8) ) has the most awful R21 in it......you have to get the magazine to see the car! The owner has tried to make it look like a Nissan Skyline by modifying the front (as well as the rest of the car!).....presumably someone somewhre thinks its cool!

Perhaps it may not be your cup of tea, but I think you need to look into the engineering behind the car, its quite interesting to look under that bonnet. Personally its not my favorite colours, but I respect the persons own choices on the way that it looks. We all do our cars to what we like, lets not judge others.

p.s. just joined up, and for some reason when I went to register it said my email was banned :shock:
anyone know why?

thanks c.righton (21 turbo owners club. chairman)
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:09 pm

Youre absolutely right!!! Theres no accounting for taste....I was personally thinking of painting my GTA pink and sticking bits on it to see if I could make it look like the Rolls from Thunderbirds :wink: Underneath I will replace the V6 with a jet engine.......now that would be engineering! worth looking at :lol:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:16 pm

Oh, while I'm on Craig......my second post does appreciate the engineering (read it!)! But that deeply naff Nissan Skyline tack on stuff just detracts from whatever the guy has done so much it doesnt matter how well it goes, people will still be pointing and asking why (except at the local McDonalds where its probably considered cool by youths with Burberry caps and Corsas).
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:12 pm

The latest mag is out now. Peter, I like the Horse tax idea, but you didn't mention all that methane..... :lol:

The Saab article is quite impressive as well.. :o
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:13 am

I mentioned the co2 output....perhaps the tax could be higher for more flatulent nags!!!!! Theres a GTA for sale in the back and quite a decent looking 21 in the readers cars section....unlike the ridiculous thing I mentioned from last months mag.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:48 pm

Yes, a nice R21 isn't it :D :D
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:33 pm

I take it its yours then?
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:17 pm

Your'e not looking at getting a 21T as well are you Peterg?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:54 pm

Yes Peterg,
The wonderful beast is mine, I was suprised to see it in there, as I only sent the letter what seems like only a few weeks ago, and How do you get pictures on the forum does any body know???
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 am

Images have to be hosted elsewhere, and then hyperlinked on this site eg.....[|mg]http://site.co.uk/picture.jpg[/img]

Just make sure the pictures are fairly well compressed and not larger than this viewing window...
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:18 pm

Simon.....no chance,need an A310, a Turbo 2 and a whole host of other cars first. Yes I know I could pick one up for a few hundred quid, but its the running cost and somewhere to put it that stops me buying another car. Not a big fan of the 21.....theyre ok, but nothing I hanker after.
Red21 s example looks interesting because of the work done to it....but it aint no Alpine :D
With 260bhp it must be the ultimate 21......hows the torque steer?
Next

• Advertisement