User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Bah humbug!

Postby peterg » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:15 pm

Anyone get anything remotely entertaining and car related for Chrtistmas?? Sadly despite my girlfiend and her parents spending the national debt of half of Africa on me they managed to come up with only one really good thing (unless you get excited about shirts, trousers aftershave etc) a book called 'crap cars' which I would highly recommend....most entertaining although some of their choices are suspect!!!
no avatar
User

Roger

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:35 pm

Postby Roger » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:49 pm

50 Years of Formula One on Board DVD

Some great footage - the earlier stuff is far more engaging than the later cars. I suppose you could say it was a bit thrown together, but if you are happy watching a bunch of clips, you will probably like it.

Also, a MotoGP DVD - shame, but this does not capture the beauty and violence of these bikes and has too many crash sequences (some of them make you wince :shock: ). In between the average clips, there are some worth waiting for.

Otherwise, the much wanted driveshaft did not materialise (that's the last time I bother asking Santa for stuff like that :roll: )
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:10 pm

Peterg, and what usefull/interesting/fun/dynamic/imaginative gifts did you buy for your girlfriends and her parents, without spending the earth or a small fortune? "The UK's 50 crapiest towns" book ???

I have come to loathe Christmas now. A great religous ocassion, a good eating fesitival and a life-saver if you are in retail, otherwise it's a real waste of money and shopping time. There is a house near me with 2 foot high letters on it "Bah Humbug", says it all really.

Roll on the sales, take the crap back and get half it's worth in echange.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:51 pm

I totally agree.......I urged them not to go mad, but apparently they do it every year! The 50 crap towns book is excellent too......got it last year! Christmas is an unneccesary spend fest and I worked it all for double time.......literally saving life and limb as extraordinarily drunk people jumped into the road in front of taxis doing 60mph in Workington last night! Hell on earth......but it pays the bills 8)
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:43 pm

peterg wrote:extraordinarily drunk people jumped into the road in front of taxis doing 60mph in Workington last night!

Why did you save them?
:twisted:

They're northern......... :lol:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:50 am

Because sadly if we dont we get blamed....no one ever says ' well he was too drunk and stupid to know what he was doing, but thats him all over, he was an asp!' they say 'the police were there why didnt they do something?'
As I said its good money and pays the (Alpine) bills! :D
User

Mr Jon

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am

West London

Postby Mr Jon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:50 pm

Less of the Northern please...
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:01 pm

Mr Jon wrote:Less of the Northern please...

Yes .... Much less of them please :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Get presents for your cars!

Postby Tony Smith » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:07 am

I always think bits for the car are too expensive to expect others to buy you so I always get the cars a present for myself. GTA did well this year - new engine management, and rebuilt gearbox, the 21's got a whole car for spares but the Skyline will have to wait for Easter for its tyres. Oh and I got myself a Snooper so hopefully I'll still have a license to drive them!
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:51 pm

Alpineandy......you are on thin ice....I am also northern! Lived in the South for a lot of years and the people we dealt with at work were just as stupid there......and there was a lot more of them due to the overcrowded living conditions!
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:13 pm

:lol:
peterg wrote:I am also northern!

But you've got an alpine, so you can't be all bad.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:40 pm

So have you......so I wont pigeonhole you with the other ignorant southerners!!!!!!! :lol:
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:46 pm

peterg wrote:So have you......so I wont pigeonhole you with the other ignorant southerners!!!!!!! :lol:

:x
I resemble...I mean, I resent that remark...

Southern softie, If you don't mind.... :lol:

• Advertisement