Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:44 pm

rupert wrote:This link is about water spray systems

http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/PHPBB/ph ... .php?t=118
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:46 pm

Roger wrote:An idea about air-flow to the Intercooler.

http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/PHPBB/ph ... c.php?t=80
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:49 pm

mitchella wrote:I've often thought about doing the same to the cabin ventilation - putting some ducting from the inlet of the fan down into the airflow under the car so that there would be a better flow when moving.

In the dry, Think of all the cr4p you could pick up off the road.
In the wet you'd never clear the condensation off the inside of the windows.
no avatar
User

Roger

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:35 pm

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:59 pm

Thanks for those replies.

David's solution sounds interesting; you can't argue with those measured temp differences, must be worth a decent amount of bhp in themselves.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:17 pm

Alpineandy......water injection is not the same as water spray. Water injection is a system that injects water directly into the cylinder and a system costs upwards of £600.....water spray merely cools the intercooler. Davids solution of cutting out everything behind the intercooler is good and will probably work slightly better than mine (although mine is flowing cooler air from under the car) but I'm lazy and removing the intercooler and exhaust shield was proving to be harder work than I had thought!!!!!! :D
Roger........some of the cup racers ran intercoolers in a large rear spoiler that sat in the airflow above the boot lid (or some race GTA or other did)....theres a pic of one somewhere on this site...just dont ask where!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:51 pm

I'd now like to take back what I cruelly said about the vents in the spoiler being ornamental! :P They do actually allow airflow....but as all the slats face backwards and the plastic ducting that holds the charge forms a lip underneath the vents they wont flow very much at all.....hecne the need for a solution.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:52 pm

Has anyone spotted that I failed to sleep when I got in this morning, and am now bored and waiting to go back to work!?!!! :D
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:44 pm

peterg wrote:While I'm on.....made enquries about the A610 grill fitting kit.....its....wait for it......£30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: for 2 plastic mounts!!!!!!!!! I will not be partaking and will stick with my home made effort which looks the same until you take the grill off!
Rupert....took a look at the Subaru guys guide to fitting the water spray.....I bet hes a really interesting guy :lol: :lol: How could anyone make such a meal out of something as simple as a water spray kit! :D

LOL. There's no anorak big enough...
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:42 pm

peterg wrote:Alpineandy......water injection is not the same as water spray.

Yes I was aware of that, but knowing that something water... was mentioned on here some time ago, I rushed through, found the thread, but didn't read it.....
:oops:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:03 am

I do that when I'm drunk!!!! I also bid on things like no. plates and cars on e-bay. Theres a whole thread out there!!!!!!!! Not sure how I extracted myself from the purchase of a Lancia Integrale or a Skoda s110r without neg. feedback......but I did 8) :D
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:55 am

A610 grille fitting kit is around 10 pounds from me or Renault. They don't usually have stock though & mine is stainless!

Peter: If you look at Haradas photo the brackets are shaped to fit at the mounting points for the intercooler.

Rupert: both A610 grilles fit. the one between the lamps needs two speical metal brackets. The one in the spoiler fits directly with the GTA fittings.

Another advantage of the A610 rear grille is that you no longer need to remove the rear lamps for access.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:04 am

Didnt know the A610 had a different upper grill. Does it give any advantage? Anyone got a photo?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:15 am

No real advantages only cosmetic, just a slightly wider 'lip', good for covering up paint masking lines but that's about it!

Obviously if yours is broken, you may as well buy a 610 one, but otherwise don't worry.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Cheap and easy water spray

Postby Tony Smith » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:34 pm

A good tip I've seen work - get yourself some high power headlamp washers, like windscreen washers but give a real blast of water, cheap as chips from breakers yard, take the switch from inside the car and fit it somewhere in your GTA and you have an intercooler water spray - should be easy to mount jets once you have the intercooler exposed.

Or you can always do what I've done and convert the GTA intercooler into a chargecooler with its own water cooling system. 30-40 degree drop in charge temp on the rolling road
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Re: Cheap and easy water spray

Postby Alpineandy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:16 pm

Tony Smith wrote:Or you can always do what I've done and convert the GTA intercooler into a chargecooler with its own water cooling system. 30-40 degree drop in charge temp on the rolling road

I've heard very good things about these.
I asume you've used a dedicated water pump.
More info please.

Would some water wetter (or similar) make one of these work better?
PreviousNext

• Advertisement