User

ben

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:43 pm

Grantham

Clutch Master cylinder

Postby ben » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:51 pm

I have recently had to replace the clutch master cylinder on my GTA. An easy enough job, or so i thought.... I got the new cylinder on and connected the outlet pipe thinking all had gone smoothly. But it leaked like i had opened a tap, so i thought the pipe it connects too must be damaged. I got another one of those and still the same problem. Looking at the union between the two parts it looks as if there is something missing (such as an olive). I can't find any diagrams showing the master cylinder in detail and Renault assure me all parts are complete, so im stumped! Help PLEASE????!!!!!
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:29 pm

i think you are missing a small rubber slieve for the end of the plastic pipe. you can still buy them new (43pence) and a new washer, again pence. the washer goes on to the pipe first then the rubber, push it into the cylinder and tighten yer nut! job done.
User

ben

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:43 pm

Grantham

Postby ben » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:52 am

simonsays74 wrote:i think you are missing a small rubber slieve for the end of the plastic pipe. you can still buy them new (43pence) and a new washer, again pence. the washer goes on to the pipe first then the rubber, push it into the cylinder and tighten yer nut! job done.

Cheers Simon. Any ideas where i can get the washer from?
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:31 am

renault dealers can still get them, i ordered them a few weeks ago and got them within three days.

• Advertisement