User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:21 pm

THE DERG

GO FASTER

Postby MAL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:14 pm

How do i make my GTA GO FASTER like s**t of a shovel :twisted: ?? FOR REASONABLE MONEY any idea's any body please HELP!
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Re: GO FASTER

Postby David Gentleman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:16 pm

MAL wrote:How do i make my GTA GO FASTER like s**t of a shovel :twisted: ?? FOR REASONABLE MONEY any idea's any body please HELP!

Turbo or not?
no avatar
User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

THE DERG

Re: GO FASTER

Postby MAL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:10 pm

David Gentleman wrote:
MAL wrote:How do i make my GTA GO FASTER like s**t of a shovel :twisted: ?? FOR REASONABLE MONEY any idea's any body please HELP!

Turbo or not?

It's a Turbo
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Go faster

Postby David Gentleman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:14 pm

On the cheap, just fit a bleed valve or wind in the actuator and get approximately 30bhp extra & 40lb ft torque. Get a freer flowing exhaust and this will remove alot of the lag. Fit a FCD (chip) with the bleed valve and you can run about 15-16psi and should be at 240bhp. Fit a bigger turbo of a 21 Turbo, get it reconditioned. With the 16psi you should be running 250-260bhp with good plugs and leads and with less lag. Any more boost and you will need an adjustable fuel regulator fitted
no avatar
User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

THE DERG

Re: Go faster

Postby MAL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:37 pm

David Gentleman wrote:On the cheap, just fit a bleed valve or wind in the actuator and get approximately 30bhp extra & 40lb ft torque. Get a freer flowing exhaust and this will remove alot of the lag. Fit a FCD (chip) with the bleed valve and you can run about 15-16psi and should be at 240bhp. Fit a bigger turbo of a 21 Turbo, get it reconditioned. With the 16psi you should be running 250-260bhp with good plugs and leads and with less lag. Any more boost and you will need an adjustable fuel regulator fitted

What is and where do i get an FCD chip? there is a free flow exhaust and a bleed valve fitted if i try to screw the valve it up it just empty's its gut's out an go's nowhere if i wind in the actuator will this help it wont hold a steady boost presure about 10lbs ish and then fade's away is there anything else with a similar turbo r 21s are a bit scarce now aday's
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Go faster

Postby David Gentleman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:47 pm

I sell the FCD's, there £250.00.What do u mena it empties its guts and goes nowhere? Do you mean it hits overboost and cuts out? If its holding 10 psi and dropping off then it sounds like a weak actuator, pain in the asp to change.
no avatar
User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

THE DERG

Postby MAL » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:01 am

David Gentleman wrote:I sell the FCD's, there £250.00.What do u mena it empties its guts and goes nowhere? Do you mean it hits overboost and cuts out? If its holding 10 psi and dropping off then it sounds like a weak actuator, pain in the asp to change.

Yes it hits overboost and cuts out what do you think now DR.Gentleman
where do i go from here?
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Go faster

Postby David Gentleman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:07 am

That does sound like your actuator, basically it will surge to say 10psi and then drop back to 7 or 8 for example. When you wind out the bleed valve to try and run say 12 or 13, its probably overboosting to 16,17...the cut out is 14 psi. Or.....you may have a boost leak, check all your hoses and vacuum pipes. I can get a brand new actuator for £80, but they come with two bolted fixings, the problem with this is the original actuator is welded to the bracket, not bolted. So you have to buy a new bracket or modify the old one. Its a turbo off job to do it properly.
no avatar
User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

THE DERG

Postby MAL » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:35 am

David Gentleman wrote:That does sound like your actuator, basically it will surge to say 10psi and then drop back to 7 or 8 for example. When you wind out the bleed valve to try and run say 12 or 13, its probably overboosting to 16,17...the cut out is 14 psi. Or.....you may have a boost leak, check all your hoses and vacuum pipes. I can get a brand new actuator for £80, but they come with two bolted fixings, the problem with this is the original actuator is welded to the bracket, not bolted. So you have to buy a new bracket or modify the old one. Its a turbo off job to do it properly.

YUK ! That sound's like work. Thank's in the mean time i will see how i get on. Thank you Doctor .
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:06 am

Does the 21 Turbo fit straight on? Anyone know a place to get a reconditioned one and if so how much (approx).
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Turbo

Postby David Gentleman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:11 am

The 21 Turbo fits straight on...nearly...the only difference is that the turbine and compressor housings are rotated at a slightly different angle to each other on the 21, but all you have to do is slightly slacken off the bolts, rotate them to where you want and then tighten then up again. This is a lot easier to do after it has been reconditioned, as it will have already been taken apart and all cleaned up. You can pick up an old turbo from a scrappys for about £50, and I use a firm in Hartlepool called TurboActive to recon all my turbos. For £150 + vat they will fit all new bearings, fully bead blast all parts, balance, rebuild will all new bolts and fastnings and gaskets...as long as none of the compressor wheels or shaft is broken. They can still fix this but will charge for parts.
no avatar
User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

THE DERG

GO FASTER

Postby MAL » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:52 am

Is there anything else with the same turbo as the 21?? Been out and had a good search through everything and have found a small hole in the intercooler hence the boost leak you mentioned if repaired do u think thing's will improve dramatically and do you still think the actuator still may be at fault? :?
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Go faster by not having a hole in your intercooler!

Postby David Gentleman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:42 pm

A hole! Trust me, that will fix it!
no avatar
User

Alan wilson

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:45 pm

NORTHERN IRELAND

GO FASTER

Postby Alan wilson » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:41 pm

Will it pop wheelies when i get all this work done??don't suppose you have any recon turbo's kicking around?
Thank's for all your help David :D
no avatar
User

MAL

Rank

Non Member

THE DERG

GO FASTER

Postby MAL » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:16 pm

whoops should have used my own computer at home!! :roll: Thanx once again David.
Next

• Advertisement