Hi guys............. I finally join the clan again. :)

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Amdathlonuk

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:17 pm

Witshire

Hi guys............. I finally join the clan again. :)

Postby Amdathlonuk » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:33 pm

Good Evening All,

After a long and exhausting search covering many hours on the PC :? I have finally got myself another GTA.
This is far better than my other as firstly it has a turbo !!

Sorry to inundate with a load of questions on my first post, but just looking for some options and answers at present.

My GTA is a 1987 'D' plater.

1. Can I use unleaded or even Optimax? my other turbo cars were greatly improved by Optimax. I am currently using standard unleaded.

2. I've heard the boost can be increased, I have located the actuator and have tried to shorten the arm but to no avail....

3. What is the factory PSI setting on these cars and what can they be put up to before FC is hit.

4. What is the turbo model? I am presuming T2? has anybody tried to fit a T25 or T28 as the Turbo is VERY accessible.... :wink:

Thanks for your time guys and aren't these cars great !!

:lol:
Made from 100% recycled pixels
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Gta Turbo

Postby David Gentleman » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:09 pm

Gtas will prefer tghe best quality fuels as they run quite high compression (8.6) and obviously run quite hot.

You should have been able to raise the boost through the actuator. It normally needs to be a whole hole on the end of the rod off the wastegate pin to run 14psi which is the factory cut off value. You can raise this level with a fuel cut defender which wires into the map sensor. Factory boost level is around 10 psi.

The turbo is a 50 trim T3 with 0.36 exhaust housing. The best turbo upgrade is off the 21 Turbo, or late 25 turbo Baccarra. It has a 55 trim wheel and .48 exhaust housing. It will give another 15-20bhp at 14psi. Believe it or not it actually reduces lag and smooths out the engine with the bigger turbo.

• Advertisement