User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Pipes?

Postby peterg » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:53 am

This one is going to be difficult to explain! I am looking to confirm where a certain small rubber hose goes on the engine of the car. Before fitting my new turbo, the pipe from the inlet manifold to the acctuator had another hose running off it (had a Y junction piece) which went to the plastic air intake housing to the right of the turbo (as you look into the engine bay from the back). This hose had a bolt shoved in it at the air intake end which effectively meant it wasnt doing anything. Its only a small hose and enters the air intake housing virtually opposite the pipe that leads to the dump valve.Where does this hose go on your car??? Does it serve any purpose.....and presumably its not blocked with a bolt???!!!
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

pipes

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:34 am

Like I said before, the turbo inlet pipe should only have two pipes coming off it, one for the dumpvalve return and one for the engine breathers, both about 1/2 inch in diameter. You may find the previous owner had a bleed valve fitted on the end of the pipe you have on your T piece and had the bleeded air returning into the intake system.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:10 pm

Just wanted to see if anyone else had that hole!!! My car is more than a little unusual as you know!

• Advertisement