User

technics

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 04, 2004 10:05 am

Bolton, Near Manchester

Members Extra

Postby technics » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:42 am

Would no one be interested in a members section.

One which you have to pay for I mean, around £10.

Keep the forums free as there a great wealth of knowledge, and I know how much it pisses people off, when you finally find an Alpine site, only to discover you have to pay to use it.

What I mean is a members extra bit, cheaper insurance ( Not sure how you go about this though ), stickers, other merchandise. You know what I mean.

That way you know who's serious, and who you can trust, with buying and lending things.

Just a thought. :-)
GTA Turbo - Mark 1 Golf Convertible
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:07 pm

Would be happy to provide something extra if there is sufficient demand.

The cars that came to Zolder are already wearing www.renaultalpine.co.uk stickers across the windscreen!
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 pm

Would be happy to provide something extra if there is sufficient demand.

swedish massage service..
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:18 pm

Sounds like a good idea (though not the Swedish massages unless there are some fit women aligned to the website!!!)
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:57 pm

IMHO
This is already a great amount of work for Mr D. To do much more may be the straw that broke... etc. One day (maybe 5.maybe 15 years) something else may have to take up his time (travel / children whatever...) and then a membership could cause problems. A Club is an awful lot of work and I've seen (from the ROC) that the majority of work falls on a very few shoulders.
This is an excellent site, information system and friendship making co-operative (where Mr D does all of the work) etc.
If you only want a little more, then Mr D may be able to handle it, but if you want a full club then it may be better to shake up CAR or set up the ROC Alpine Register if you want more.

I'm not trying to put words into anyones mouths, But trying to suggest a 'long' rather than 'short' term view.

Viva presidente D, Viva el presidente!
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

paulg

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 24, 2004 11:20 am

Herts

Postby paulg » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:23 pm

Here's my tuppence worth.....I think the fact that anyone can log in and post questions / answers etc is a good thing. Not sure what restricting this access or creating a members only area would gain. I think its fairly easy to "remove" people who start abusing a forum, but to date I've seen nothing offensive or censorable so perhaps we should just see how things evolve... I for one probably wouldn't both logging into the "members" section of a forum but am happy to browse one for free (may be I'm just a cheapskate ?). As for buying from people, its always caveat emptor on the web and doubt that a members area would deter the dishonest element...
(PS How do I get a www.alpinerenault.co.uk sticker then ?)
User

technics

Rank

Non Member

Bolton, Near Manchester

Postby technics » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:51 pm

I never said restrict access to the the forums for non members. Cant you read !!!!!!

Only joking :-)
no avatar
User

paulg

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 24, 2004 11:20 am

Herts

Postby paulg » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:44 pm

Oops sorry, I misread it... :oops: I'll confine myself to reading from now on....
However I'm now even more confused about the benefits of a members only area... but I'll just put that down to me being "nice but dim"... so don't bother trying to explain it.... :roll:
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

I Think a club is a good idea.

Postby Tony Smith » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:44 pm

I Think becoming a club might be a good idea, GTA owners could definitely use the resource. As long as its not run by commitee I'm sure it would run well, its when everyone wants a say on how its run, who should run it etc it all turns to shit. If Steve was happy to do the work then nobody should object if he took reasonable expenses for his time and effort out of the club. Bonuses for members could include discounts off the price of organised events such as Trackdays or touring weekends, a club newsletter, access to bigger parts discounts. I think its an idea worth discussing.
User

technics

Rank

Non Member

Bolton, Near Manchester

Postby technics » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:47 pm

Thats what im talking about, extra's for those who want them :-)

Those who dont, dont have to bother.

• Advertisement