Interested in bucket seats for your GTA / A610?

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

turbodog

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 05, 2004 5:57 pm

NORTH WALES

Interested in bucket seats for your GTA / A610?

Postby turbodog » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:00 pm

I have some Recaro seats in my GTA that came out of a limited edition MX-5. One of the members of the MX-5 owners' club has a tuning company and has had an exact copy of these seats manufactured by Cobra. As you probably are aware, aftermarket seats are quite difficult to find to fit our cars but these seats being an exact copy of the Recaros fit straight in.
Pictured below are the Recaro originals in my car:

And here are pictures of the new replica seats:

If you're interested in these seats, they're available now. A contact email address is Phil@performance5.co.uk
He'll be happy to deal with your queries.

Regards

Andrew.
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

seats

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:34 pm

Your right, getting seats to fit properly is difficult. Apart from the certain Sparco models I've found that work, these Cobras below are good too. These were fitted into an 86 'atmo. The advantage of these over the fixed type above is that they can still recline to suit your requirements and tilt forward so you can still get passengers or luggage in the rear. Gives a good excuse to get the rear seats retrimmed like the fronts aswell!

[img]http://www.rtoc.org/library/fileroot\HUOUCBSPAQHHXEHPFPBK.jpg[/img]
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:39 pm

When you say exact fit, do you mean fits onto the original runners, or do you mean the right width for the car??? If its a width thing I just fitted a pair of cheap Cobra seats (£100 each) to my car having knocked up a couple of brackets to mount them to the runners. A lot of seats are the right width, but havent found one yet that doesnt need modifying to fit the runners.
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

seats

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:46 pm

The daytonas I fitted above had exactly the right spacing on the base mounts across as the original GTA runners. The rear holes front to back were spaced further forward by about 2 inches, so I only has to drill two new holes futher up on the runners, and then bolt the runners to the base of the seat with the supplied bolts. Take off the transmission tunnel side seat reclining knob and they went straight in. Even though, everything can always do with adjustment. The nearer the seats get to the transmission tunnel the better. The rears were just retrimmed to match with the fabric which I source from Cobra( not cheap though )

• Advertisement