User

Petehuws

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm

North Wales

Door open buzzer sounding when door shut 1987 GTA Atmo

Postby Petehuws » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:51 am

Hello all, I thought I'd check in with you all here & hope all are well :newbie .
It's coming to that time of year again where things begin to roll out of our garaged hibernation.
On my GTA after reconnecting my battery I heard the door open buzzer which is behind the radio area sounding, opening & closing both doors several times from the outside never cleared it, however after a short while I tracked it to the passenger door.

From inside the car if I stretch across & pull on the door mounted door open lever the buzzing stops, (I hear the electronic lock actuator function as it should), if I release the lever it sounds again.
Further troubleshooting I shifted across to the passenger seat. With my left hand I'm holding the door shut & my right I work the door open lever; again when the lever gets pulled the buzzer silences & the actuator sounds, release the lever, (door still being held shut) & the open buzzer returns.
If I do this action several times then eventually the buzzer silences but will return some time later, (this is happening with no key in the ignition) .
All door mechanics & functions work flawlessly this being the remote locking on key & IR plip.
It's something with the relationship between the mechanical door latch & the electro buzzer, I was thinking that maybe something has moved in the latch mechanism.
Again when the door open lever is pulled the buzzer goes off, when released the buzzer sounds, the door is being held shut so the physical door open is not playing a part, however opening either door should not sound the buzzer when the key is not in the ignition. Does my crazy post make any sense? :wtf

Again, hope all are well.

• Advertisement