no avatar
User

mneil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Fitting wider tyres on A110 Premier

Postby mneil » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:26 am

My Premier has Fuch 18" rims but the fitted tyres look so under size width wise, that to me they look like strechies and don't really fill the wheel arch.
The later S comes with 215*40*18" and 245*40*18" respectively, a width size up from the standard Premier, 205 and 235.
When mine need replacing I'm going 225*40*18" and 255*40*18", purely for aesthetic reasons; these will hopefully fill out the arches and improve the looks :angel
Anyone already gone down this route?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Fitting wider tyres on A110 Premier

Postby stephendell » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:30 pm

If you are worried about having the Alpine specific tyres then best to stick with the S sizes.

If not then check out the new Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

mneil

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Postby mneil » Sun May 01, 2022 10:44 am

I'm rather puzzled that the A110 is fitted with "extra load" tyres when it is such a light vehicle.
My cars are daily drivers throughout the year and on my last car, I changed from the standard fit Pirelli P Zero to PS4S and what an improvement, especially in the cold and wet. a friend fitted Michelin Cup 2's, superb grip on a warm dry day but he did carry a spare set of underwear for when the temperature dropped and it rained :shhh .
On the A110 i will certainly stick to PS4 or 4S, or even have a look at the new PS5.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Wed May 04, 2022 9:27 am

mneil wrote:I'm rather puzzled that the A110 is fitted with "extra load" tyres when it is such a light vehicle.

I imagine it's simply a function of availabilty in the required sizes. Unfortunately so many vehicles will require XL on a low profile tyre there won't be enough demand for a bespoke tyre just for Alpine. At least if Alpine developed the car with them they can tune other aspects of the suspension to allow for it.

• Advertisement