no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

focal sub in a110 ?

Postby nyc863 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:52 am

Anyone got a picture or description of where the focal subwoofer is installed, for those that got that upgrade?

thanks
no avatar
User

Clivej

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 am

Re: focal sub in a110 ?

Postby Clivej » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:54 pm

It's in the bulkhead directly behind the passenger seat (or driver's seat in a LHD car).
I'll try to find a picture.
Cheers, Clive.
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:32 am

Ah ok thanks, so they cut a hole in the bulkhead, and flush-mount the focal speaker ...

I'm interested in doing this in my PE as there is no real other place to mount a sub. In two minds whether this will be a value-damaging decision if I sell one day, or because the non premier editions can come like that anyway, it isn't such a bad thing to do, if I use a focal sub and mount a small amp for it..
no avatar
User

Clivej

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 am

Postby Clivej » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I don't know about the practicalities of retro-fitting a subwoofer, but if you look at pictures/videos of the cars being made, you can clearly see that the large hole is already in the bulkhead during assembly. Presumably they later bolt or weld (?) a plate over the hole for those cars which don't have that option. Don't know where the amp goes.
I don't know if Focal would sell just the appropriate subwoofer and amp?
I guess the wiring loom would have the necessary wiring for it already installed, but it's all a bit beyond me...!
Cheers, Clive.
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:24 pm

yeah I am not sure but focal sell a whole range of speakers so something close would be fine. A small sub-only amp can be put anywhere.

I'll have to have a peek under the felt to see what its like there. If its a blanking plate even better but I wonder if the premier edition chassis didn't get the hole, perhaps they added that later when launching the legende etc.

Obviously wiring would have to be done by a professional. Maybe I can get them to fix the terrible DAB signal reception as well by putting in a better antenna.

• Advertisement