no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

replacement wipers new A110

Postby LMS » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm

The end cap on my driver side wiper was loose - mentioned it at the last service and forgot about it. A few weeks ago it made a bid for freedom. Now the blade can climb up the screen so I need to replace it.

Apparently the end cap isn't available separately so Alpine want £250+ for the a new pair of wipers...

Does anyone with a better knowledge of Renaults know if the end caps are used on anytihng else please?

Many thanks
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Re: replacement wipers new A110

Postby LMS » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:24 pm

They look as though they might be Bosch envision blades under all the gubbins...
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Postby nyc863 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 pm

I went blind looking at knock off wiper end caps, and also various models of Renault wipers from wreckers.
Of course the end-caps have logos on them so there is that..

is there a problem with how they are affixed?

Some black electrical tape will stop your rubber creeping out in use, while you work out what to do.
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Postby MikeA37 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:11 pm

How about these......?
Valeo Silencio Hydroconnect blades.
https://valeoservice.cld.bz/Valeo-Wiper ... -EN-FR/16/

and in the catalogue: https://valeoservice.cld.bz/Valeo-Wiper ... EN-FR/108/
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 am

Many thanks Mike- I'd found that catalogue on my travels and gave a copy of that page with the Alpine code to my local garage to see if they could order them in.

I've also contacted valeo direct but I don't expect I'll hear.

Thanks for looking at this - much appreciated. If I find a supplier then I'll let you all know. They can't be more than £60 a piece can they?? Otherewise it's £250 every time there's an issue with the wipers...
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:27 am

I've contacted wiperblades.co.uk by telephone - they are going to contact Valeo and get back to me.
I'll let you all know how it goes-
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:46 pm

That's a good find Mike.

Is there anywhere to start keeping a parts cross reference? Similar to the digging I did on brake pads and discs it would be nice to have one place to find these things on the forum rather than having to search potentially multiple threads.

Although it looks like the Alpine ones are a unique size, so maybe they aren't available as generic stock?
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Postby MikeA37 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:17 pm

As the VALEO catalogue lists the part VA304 specifically for the new A110, it seems likely this is what Alpine are fitting at the factory.
Are they really a unique size?
I assume Valeo are the OEM supplier?
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:30 am

It does say "New coming soon" in the picture so it might not be available yet.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Well this was the response from Valeo...Names have been removed to protect the innocent!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your enquiry. However, we currently do not sell wiper blades for the Alpine A110. These are specific wiper blades which dispense the screenwash through the wiper blades.
These are only available through Valeo or the Alpine car dealer. Unfortunately, at Valeo Service we are not selling the Right Hand Drive version due to the very limited car park. So, in UK, only an Alpine Car dealer will have these available. I'm sorry about this, but we will not be able to help you out on this one.

Kind regards,

I emailed Valeo - not Valeo Service whatever that is - I can't see how there are different blades for RHD & LHD - It's clear the wiper motor location is different but I had presumed (as with most other cars) the blades were just swapped over.

Currently waiting to hear back from a few more places - I've also ordered some Valeo blades to see if the end caps are the same (they won't have an "A" stamped on them but I'm not that concerned for £250.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:04 pm

[/attachment][/attachment]
Screenshot_2021-03-22 Valeo Silencio Hydroconnect 2018 - 953317.png
SUCCESS.....

This is the Valeo reference for the actual parts but it seems there is no way to obtain them in the UK apart from handing £250 to a dealer.

So...I looked at the other vehicles mentioned and saw that a Volvo V60 uses the same type of blades (Ref 572310 - these are unheated).

A bit more googling and I convinced myself these were the ones to go for. They were slightly longer but there seems space for them.

Alas, when I opened them I noticed that the connection to the water pipe is different - Volvo has a hole for a plug to connect to as so:
IMG_9286.JPG

Whereas the Alpine has a nipple the pipe slides over

Boo! I had been hoping for a completely new wiper unit- it would otherwise fit ok.

Move to plan 2 - Underneath the end cap there is a little clip. Press this and the end cap slides off and the blade slides out. These are clearly designed to be replaceable and to be done so very cheaply.

I simply removed the existing blade, cut the new one to size and slid it in. I used the Volvo end-cap to replace my missing end-cap like so:

I now have a volvo-badged end cap on my car with a brand new wiper blade and a spare for the other side.
IMG_9282.JPG

Cost :
IMG_9287.JPG

Here are the Volvo references -
IMG_9284.JPG

IMG_9285.JPG

I accept that my particular circumstances are unusual but I know of 2 vehicles where the wiper clip has failed/fallen off. This is a cost effective solution to replace the clips and the blades for £190 less than Alpine are asking.
I haven't examined the remaining Alpine clip yet but if they are designed for single use the Volvo parts could be used in their place and I'm sure I heard of Volvo having cheap blade refills available.

Hope this helps somebody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:06 pm

I think these are the actual refills
Cheaper again.

Come on Alpine - stop ripping owners off.
You want £250 when Volvo supply the parts for £27
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:53 am

£26 here, save another £1!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Volv ... 3186312672

Well done on the research, that looks like a great solution.
no avatar
User

Sfo

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 02, 2019 11:51 am

Postby Sfo » Mon May 17, 2021 11:43 am

I have similar - bigger - wipers (windscreen wash coming out from either side of the wiper blade) on my 2015 SL. They are £100 a pair to replace which I thought expensive until I read this thread.
no avatar
User

nate

Rank

Non Member

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:35 am

Sydney - Australia

Postby nate » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:09 am

Wiper refills...

Get 6.5mm Metal backed blades & trim off the lower part of the rubber & they just slot straight in.

Tridon MRN24-2 if you can get them over there, $20 AU for the pair.
Next

• Advertisement