Pics before wrap steve :roll: :roll:
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:35 pm

york

Postby gt5 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:32 pm

Pic of the adaptor and new 3" down pipe ill try n post some manifold pics tomorrow, flash went on cam :roll:
[img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/leylandracer/turbaddaptor.jpg[/img][/img]
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:38 pm

Don't use the flash in that engine bay ,you'll blind yerself :lol: :lol:
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

york

Postby gt5 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:01 pm

Hmmmm.....I guess at some point in life youve acquired a sick taste for chrome :? it would work much better if you wrapped it as well (and look better too :lol: ) The manifold shots are of more interest because they might help with a power increase.......if it does all work, can the bloke who made them replicate them from his plans, or was it all done bit by bit in situ?
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

york

Postby gt5 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:30 pm

Chrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: you mean stainless steel and alloy peter :wink: Nope he didnt do any plans for future orders :cry: i did mention if anyone would be interested ages ago, hopfully it will help the power along, would have been nice to have gone the full hog with cams and head work, maybe later :wink: another baby on the way so i best hold back a bit :roll: for now :lol: :lol:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:07 pm

gt5 wrote: sleeve joints

What do you mean?
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:08 am

Ive been though the cams thing and it isnt worth the money..you'll just move the power further up the rev range....Ive got it all apart and 2 sets of cams to play with , but its not worth doing unless youre looking for top speed. Lightening and balancing is a consideration....but youre talking great expense when its a whole engine. I'll stick with the flywheel being lightened, the other mods and another RR session to map the ECU. Will be looking at your RR figures for the possible improvements on the manifolds when you get there.
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

york

Postby gt5 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:10 am

peterg wrote:Ive been though the cams thing and it isnt worth the money..you'll just move the power further up the rev range....Ive got it all apart and 2 sets of cams to play with , but its not worth doing unless youre looking for top speed. Lightening and balancing is a consideration....but youre talking great expense when its a whole engine. I'll stick with the flywheel being lightened, the other mods and a mappable ECU. Will be looking at your RR figures for the possible improvements on the manifolds when you get there.

from what ive been told cams can reduce turbo lag also we dont really have a wild cam to put into the gta as i have spoke to piper and kent and they need blanks to go any further than a fast road which they havent got i probably wont fit anything else until the engine goes pop as theres no point in taking it apart when everythings fine but when it goes pop i will look into heads,cams,etc
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:51 pm

Ive been told pretty much the opposite with re-grinds....the cams that are available from France are 270 degree and the boost wont come in til higher up the range. I handt thought about Kent or Piper to be honest, but they dont appear to list any. What did they say when you spoke to them.....did they offer re-grinds?
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:55 pm

Newman have done a lot of Renault cams over the years.
Check with them as well.
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

york

Postby gt5 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:54 pm

there was a topic on the rtoc about big turbos and the issue with lag and there was a few people on there that said a wilder cam would help which is probably right coz its letting more air in and more out and more out can only be good for a big turbo,kent and piper said they can regrind my cams to fast road only and to take it any further they would need blanks(where are you supposed to get blanks from and how much££££££££££££)
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

york

Postby gt5 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:57 pm

a 270 cam is a mild cam not what i will be after if i end up rebuilding my engine
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:17 pm

You might want to check....for the kind of car the GTA is a 270 cam will knock the turbo coming in back to about 4000 RPM and wreck your bottom end torque.....which isnt a good thing as the PRV doesnt rev.....the RTOC lot were probably talking about GTTs and 21Ts.....not comparable!
I was thinking of something like 255.....after all the standard cam is 220.
User

gt5

Rank

Non Member

york

Postby gt5 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:24 pm

piper and kent must be wrong then they told me there 270 cam is fast road which is the mildest cam they do on there lists
PreviousNext

• Advertisement