stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Van talk

Postby stephendell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:39 pm

I had the new twin turbo on loan last week and it was pretty quick. Massively cut down the journey time to Oxford and back. It was early morning so really got a chance to out my foot down. I think you'll enjoy it when yours arrives. I was sceptical of the smaller capacity engine but it was all good. What colour did you go for?
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: Signatech Alpine racing in 2015

Postby eastlmark » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 pm

stephendell wrote:I had the new twin turbo on loan last week and it was pretty quick. Massively cut down the journey time to Oxford and back. It was early morning so really got a chance to out my foot down. I think you'll enjoy it when yours arrives. I was sceptical of the smaller capacity engine but it was all good. What colour did you go for?

Panarama Blue for a change, its the 140 I have gone for in the end in the hope it will tow the race car easier.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Re: Van talk

Postby RED21 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:15 pm

The Trafic III makes a very good tow van especialy the 140 ,
Just make sure you have a genuine tow bar kit fitted as we just had one where some one tried to fit twin socket kit and damage the multiplex system.

I would like a fully loaded crew cab version but I am waiting for 2016 when a certain order book opens.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Blue with Orange graphics. I feel a theme coming on...
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:39 pm

RED21 wrote:The Trafic III makes a very good tow van especialy the 140 ,
Just make sure you have a genuine tow bar kit fitted as we just had one where some one tried to fit twin socket kit and damage the multiplex system.

I would like a fully loaded crew cab version but I am waiting for 2016 when a certain order book opens.

is the gen tow bar a dealer fitted thing or does It need ordering in the spec of the van? Was not planning on a gen one as its £380 on the price list. The tow bar guys do them a lot cheaper and surely know how to wire them in correctly.

certain order book? you mean for something much smaller and mid engine?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 pm

With Trafic III tow bar systems is all to do with what they call the BAC unit which integrates various functions of the van or converted van(via multiplex network) like lighting control/monitoring for the trailer and trailer presence for ESP/trailer stability assist (TSA) Tachograph etc
If the van was ordered from the factory with a tow bar only it would installed & set up for that, for after sales depends on the equipment all ready installed as to what is the configuration with Clip is required and what wiring is required.

Information was limited when I done my training but a basic list of functions are:

2x Multiplex adaption lines
10 x logic outputs for small consumers like relays, warning lights (on/off)
2 x OCR control outputs
11x power output for lights, tools etc (subject to Amps limit)
Automatic management of tow bar functions

I will ask our parts guys as to what is avaliable now regards after sales fitment, as at the time of training part numbers etc for kits were not avalaible.

:silent
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Feck-me ....I remember towing a mates camper van back 50 miles on a rope with an old Audi 100 ...I think I'd still prefer to do it that way out of bloody mindedness :hang

Technology gone mad ...for it's own sake ? Discuss ...or not ///perhaps fill a form in and submit ?
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:38 pm

So the days of insulation self cutting connectors are over then?

Its odd that 2 Traffic vans ago, once the tow bar was fitted, the dash would pick up if anything was plugged in and an indicator on the dash would light up along with a different sound for the indicators all ready pre installed in the dash. Next new van had non of that, had to make do with the secondary bleeper bodged on to the rear wiring that could barely be heard up front and no tow light on the dash, progress? Now its gone multiplex mad. Maybe I should have ordered it up front, got me worried now.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:47 pm

The parts guys at work say that there are two choices of towbar swan neck & traditional and two choices of electric kits (7 &13 pin which is the factory option type) listed for after sales.
The fitting instructions for the electric kit show a lighting control box that does not have to be link into the multiplex and the wiring kit is plug & play with only the socket needing wiring in, so it should be a simple DIY job.
Fitting of the actual bar may involve removing some under seal & retreated to allow the plates to sit flush and it really.
Price wise it does vary between options.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Have panic added a gen tow bar to my order, although horrendously more than an aftermarket one, once added to the 3 year lease its peanuts really and don't need to worry about arranging fitting. No doubt van swap day will be a race weekend.
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:55 am

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Is it just me or do these new vans have a fish face? I'm going to run my re-mapped 2010 LWB Sport for another five years (I like getting my money's worth) hopefully by then there will be a design I like.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:05 pm

B1RMA wrote:Is it just me or do these new vans have a fish face? I'm going to run my re-mapped 2010 LWB Sport for another five years (I like getting my money's worth) hopefully by then there will be a design I like.

Mine finally arrived on Thursday:

IMG_1490 (2).jpg

Colour yet to gel with me although everyone else loves it, Promised DAB radio is not present and the LG sat nav seems a backward step from the previous tom tom version (save for that pesky remote control). Only driven it 10 miles from the dealer so far so no other impressions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 am

Looks like a bottom feeder to me LOL
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:54 am

Very nice inside though and looks to be well thought out.
I've been running Renault vans since 1987 and swear by them. I've also run Transits and Citroen which were mostly rubbish.
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 am

I like the darker colours as it hides the rather overenthusiastic use of plastics on the grill. That colour or dark grey would be my choice.
Next

• Advertisement