User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: Van talk

Postby eastlmark » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:52 am

B1RMA wrote:Very nice inside though and looks to be well thought out.
I've been running Renault vans since 1987 and swear by them. I've also run Transits and Citroen which were mostly rubbish.

This really is a complete change, I too have had several Traffics and they have slowly evolved, this really feels like a different makers van with no carry over, despite being roughly the same shape. I am hoping there are some more personalisation options regarding the media nav unit that I have not yet found as, at the moment it is Shite. Fine for occasional route planning but for a constant user its no use at all... having to "agree" to the laws of the land every time you try to input an address is a pain, at least with the old one the "agree" page disappeared after a few sec while this one seems to stay on. It also defaults to the radio screen on engine start rather than the sat nav screen like the old tom tom did. early days though and hope I get used to it. Will research on line when I get the chance.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:55 am

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:42 am

miles thomas wrote:Looks like a bottom feeder to me LOL

That would be the Renualt Plecostomus then, the darker colours do suit the van more though.
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 am

eastlmark wrote:
B1RMA wrote:Very nice inside though and looks to be well thought out.
I've been running Renault vans since 1987 and swear by them. I've also run Transits and Citroen which were mostly rubbish.

This really is a complete change, I too have had several Traffics and they have slowly evolved, this really feels like a different makers van with no carry over, despite being roughly the same shape. I am hoping there are some more personalisation options regarding the media nav unit that I have not yet found as, at the moment it is Shite. Fine for occasional route planning but for a constant user its no use at all... having to "agree" to the laws of the land every time you try to input an address is a pain, at least with the old one the "agree" page disappeared after a few sec while this one seems to stay on. It also defaults to the radio screen on engine start rather than the sat nav screen like the old tom tom did. early days though and hope I get used to it. Will research on line when I get the chance.

I still find my old TomTom Go Live 1005 good it has live traffic and speed cameras although the M25 does send it bandy.
I will be interested in your opinions of long term ownership of it but as I mentioned I buy mine new take great care of them then throw them away after ten years and 200K miles
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Anyone interested in buying a new diesel car or van and keeping it post 2020 should bear in mind that NO current models are compliant with the new ultra low emission zone in London if you ever venture there.

Cars or small vans manufactured from September 2015 and larger vans from September 2016 will be Ok.

Motorbikes July 2007, petrol cars/small vans January 2006, larger petrol vans January 2007

Classics with historic tax class rolling 40 years so 1980 by 2020. No GTAs allowed without charge or fine :-(
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

B1RMA

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby B1RMA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Great even more reason for me to avoid going there
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

90% of the UK population couldn't care less then .
London :Butt
I don't know what's up with this country ...can't think of any other nation that is so obsessed with it's capital .
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:52 am

Clee,
London is now 10+ million people(back to victorian levels), more than twice the population of Scotland, so technically it's 16% of the UK population.
Mathematically no more than 84% cannot care less about it....
Sorry to be a southern pedent.
Westminster ...well guy fawkes would feel vindicated just now I suspect. Hard to know who to vote for where I am...
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu May 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Renault admitted in the end that a DAB radio should have been fitted and have now updated my "media Nav" with a working DAB. Looks to me like the aerial though is an aftermarket type stuck on the windscreen.... would be interested to know what the factory fitted aerial looks like in comparison.
Have to admit the van is a lovely drive and towed the race car at the weekend with it and it coped beautifully. The tow bar though is not intelligent though, ie no indication light on the dash that I am towing and no alternative indicator sound - something I thought was required by law- and reversing sensors not deactivated automatically, all of which I would have expected. Interestingly, 3 traffic vans ago, talking about the one I had in 2006-2009, had all those features by default, even with an aftermarket towbar fitted. Progress?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:15 pm

The only factory radios at present that have a conventional looking aerial are the base spec type as this is a new generation unit from the start; R-link & MediaNav were existing systems & could not be adapted for DAB so Renault UK decided to have the AutoDAB system installed.
These would have been installed at the import centre but due to demand & QC problems at AutoDAB the supply out stripped stock, so they are now getting fitted at the dealerships when required (We have 20 kits waiting to be fitted)
When new models are released now they should be equiped with DAB & the the next generation R-link/MediaNav unit which the Kajar should be the first.
To be honest, DAB radio is like digital TV was a few years ago some regions have better quality tranmissions & more radio stations than others, 28-34 stations around our way depending on signal strength& weather.

The tow bar bulb failure system is based on the EU system & should still warn you of a problem and as the UK have now adopted the EU regs for tow bars (13 pin) the old fashion buzzer is now not required.
Previous

• Advertisement